Monday, September 29, 2008

Cloth Diapers


I think that I'm going to try out cloth diapers and see how it goes. We could save a little money, plus help out the environment. I tried to convince Steve and it did not fly with him. I've never seen Steve so passionately against something. I actually never intended to try them out, I had bought them to make burp rags with, but after seeing Steve get so worked up about it, I thought I'd play it out for a little while! One day when he came home I had one on Caleb and Steve was like "what the heck you poor kid, what has Mom done to you." He actually did not through as big of a stink as I thought he would, after I told him the little joke he said, well I know once you get an idea your going to do it, and there's no stopping you." After being married for over 5 years he's finally starting to get me:) For now we will not be doing cloth diapers in our home, but the gdiapers I think I could definitely like.

5 comments:

Lauriej said...

I am with Steve..and you.
NO way on cloth diapers and ditto on the stubborness! isn't it nice when, after a lot of years of marriage, something clicks :-)

Teri C said...

I too am with Steve on this one! It must be in our blood...right there with ya on the stubborness.

Fraser's and Co. said...

BEEN there, done that. If they never had a messy diaper... or left the house, and had to be changed in a restaurant... or things like that, it wouldn't be so bad. The convenience alone is a big sacrifice!

Dusty and Carol said...

I can't believe it was Steve againist the cloth diapers - I couldn't believe you had even thought about it (joke or no joke)! I did take a look at those gdiapers - What a great idea! If I didn't have 2 in diapers and they wouldn't cost me my life savings - I might try it!

julie said...

I have got to agree with Steve on the diapers. I did cloth with Dayna for the first 8 months of her life and then, I bagged it. Too gross and too messy. But i do understand the "saving money" part. That is the biggest plus I saw. So how have you all been? Its nice to see that you got back to blogging =) I live to read blogs, its my only form of a life. =)